Posted on 01/28/2012 , Alexander Ananiev,
We're currently working on the next version of dpbuddy, our popular tool for managing IBM WebSphere DataPower appliances.
We're planning to implement the following new features:
- Tasks for quiescing domains and objects. The task will be able to wait for domain or object to go into the quiesced state..
- DPBuddy's xpath-based alternative to deployment policy can be used with import and even with copying files. Currently this feature is only supported with setConfig task, whereas majority of dpbuddy users rely on import. In other words, you'll be able to apply a simple xpath expression to make environment-specific changes to your configuraiton or files.
- Integration of DataPower-related environment variables (e.g., a port number) with the prefix-based device definition.
- Task for downloading multiple files from the device
- Task for deleting configuration and domains.
- Task for secure backup (execute secure backup and download the resulting file).
- Automated downloading of the log file from the device in case of errors.
- Tasks for various device management "actions".
What else would you like to see in the new version? Please comment on this post or in our google group.
Posted on 01/27/2012 , Alexander Ananiev,
You can find DPBuddy 2.3 announcement here.